1. Pound cake got its name because there was a pound of every ingredient in the original recipe.2. Apple belongs to the rose family, so does pears and plums.3. About 70% of olive oil that is sold in the market is not actually pure olive oil.4.
The most expensive pizza costs $12,000 and takes 72 hours to make.5. Chocolate was once used as currency in ancient time.6. The tea bag was created by accident, it was originally sent as samples.7. Ketchup was sold as medicine in 1830.
8. Cauliflower comes in 4 different colors white, green, purple and orange.9.
The tall hat of chef is called torque.10. The first soup was cooked from hippopotamus meat 6,000 years ago.11. Almonds belongs to the peach family.
12. There are over 4,000 different uses for corn.13. Drinking fresh milk in the Middle Ages was considered a luxury, as it was very difficult to preserve.14. In ancient time lobsters were served in prison and was regarded as food of poor.
15. Cucumber is made up of 96% of water.16. Greek yoghurt contains double the amount of protein than other types.
17. The heaviest apple weighed 1.849 kg and was grown in Japan.18. There are more than 7,500 varieties of apples grown in the world.
19. A banana plant is the largest plant without a solid stem.20. Pearls melts in vinegar.21. Egg yolk is one of the few foods that naturally contain Vitamin D.22.
A cluster of bananas are called a ‘hand’.23. The expiration date on bottled water is not for the water but it’s for the bottle.
24. There are about 350 different types of pasta shapes in the world.25.
If you eat too many carrots, you may turn you slightly orange due to the beta carotene found in them.26. Puffer fish can kill you if not cooked properly, it is 1,200 times deadlier than cyanide.
27. There are over 10,000 varieties of tomatoes.28. Carrots have zero fat content.
29. In the Philippines, is considered a good sign when the coconut breaks up without chipping on the halves.30.
Honey can last up to 3000 years.31. Green peas is the one of the most favorite pizza topping in Brazil.32. Kale is the most nutritiously dense vegetable.33.
In the Middle Ages, Chicken soup was once considered an aphrodisiac.34. Almonds are actually a seed not a nut.35.
The number of jars of Nutella sold in a year could cover The Great Wall of China 8 times. 36. mageirocophobia, is fear of cooking.37. The first food to ever be consumed in space was applesauce.
38. In ancient Egypt, radishes, onions and garlic, were given to workers as wages.39. French fries are not the creation of France, it was created in Belgium.
40. Processed cheese was first invented in Switzerland in 1911.41. Popcorn was the first food ever to be microwaved.42.
Potatoes were the first vegetables ever planted in space43. Apples can wake you up in the morning better than coffee due to their high levels of fructose. 44. Watermelon is the official vegetable of Oklahoma.
45. White chocolate isn’t really chocolate, because it does not contain cocoa solids.46. McDonald’s sells 75 hamburgers every second.47.
Twix bars were known as ‘Raiders’ internationally before 1991.48. Eggplant is not a vegetable, it’s actually berries.49. Caramel was the invention of Arabs.50.
A row of corn always has an even number.51. Chocolates can kill dogs, it affects their heart and nervous system.
52. Humans are born craving sugar.53. They are more than 3,000 varieties of pears in the world.54. There are about 87,000 different drink combination at Starbucks.
55. Oysters were often considered aphrodisiacs.56. It is believed that coconut water can in extreme cases be used as a substitute for human blood plasm.57. Pumpkin flowers are edible.
58. Peanuts can be used to make dynamite.59. Switzerland is the leading consumer of chocolate.60.
The weight of babybel is 21grams.61. If you eat too much carrots your skin can turn orange.62.
Arachibutyrophobia is the fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of our mouth.63. Cars and fruit sweets are both made with the same kind of wax.64. If we put canned diet coke in water it will float but regular Coke will sink.
65. the most expensive fruit in the entire world is The Yubari cantaloupe.66. Mostly the wasabi consumed is not real wasabi, but colored horseradish.67. Honey is actually made from nectar and bee vomit.
68. Popsicles are the invention of the 11-year old in 1905. 69.
A watermelon has over 92% of water by weight.70. Eating lots of beetroot can turn your pee into pink color.71.
A pineapple plant only produces one pineapple a year.